Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, November 30, 2007

Spool of Thread with Needle


Oil on Canvas Board, 6" x 6" - SOLD
Email: marie@mariefox.com
This little painting celebrates my love for sewing. For many years I made a living by designing and fabricating hand-dyed silk clothing. I've also sewn a stack of quilts. Pulling thread through fabric has always given me comfort - because of its slow steady rhythm and its connection to the women who create both everyday and extraordinary art with needle and thread.
Comments by email:
"fun painting!" Jeannie
"Your painting reminds us “girls” of our shared love for sewing. My mother makes needlepoint, my sister can make anything on the sewing machine and I quilt. Thank you." S. Hanson, KS

No comments:

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com