Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, March 28, 2008

Lemon on Piece of Paper


Oil on Canvas, 6" x 6" SOLD
$120 plus $5.95 shipping via Priority Mail to U.S.
International shipping: please email me.
Email: marie@mariefox.com
This paper had a note on it to remind me to do something. I had anchored it on the kitchen counter with a lemon. Returning to the kitchen, I suddenly saw a perfect little still life scene, so I whipped out a pencil and second piece of paper to do a sketch. In the studio it took a while to re-create the original scene...but I really loved painting this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost feel as if your painting is a landscape with its wonderful slate colored sky and greenish horizon along the upper curve of the lemon. I love staring at your work I always find unexpected colors and relationships.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Kickin' color here! I like it.

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com