Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, November 14, 2008

Tube of Orange Oil Paint


Oil on Canvas, 6" x 6"
$120 plus Priority Mail shipping of $7.95 SOLD
Email: marie@mariefox.com

Often I rush into a painting just to see something on the canvas. Naturally, I'm not often pleased with the results. This time I decided to draw the subject first on the canvas. I love drawing and it helps me with seeing the bones of the subject - in this case, a tube of oil paint. I'm happy with this little painting because although it's very realistic, I spent a lot of time considering the abstract aspects of the still life. And the colors turned out nicely.

1 comment:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Fun one, Marie.

For most little studies or plein air pieces I just draw in with a little paint. If it's a complicated painting, though, I'll make a more careful plan.

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com