Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Diving Board, figurative painting, female figure, woman, pool, figurative art, paintings of women, contemporary figurative painter


















The Diving Board, 30" x 40", oil on canvas
$1900 SOLD to a collector in Massachusetts

I've finally started experimenting with space in my compositions, and am happy that this figure feels as if she has lots of air around her, not to mention water below. (I began this painting during some especially humid summer days - a bit of wish fulfillment!) At the conclusion of a painting, especially a big project like this, I find that I have to allow time for the bits and pieces to become a whole. Eventually I also reach that moment when I actually enjoy the painting, when it gives something back to me after weeks of work. And a big painting is really work - but I love confronting the canvas with my whole body. I'm tall so painting big is really fun. As is painting big, strong women.

Email: marie@mariefox.com

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com