O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right to be notified of my latest paintings! Note: If you see only one painting or post, click here to go to main page.


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Girl, figurative oil painting, contemporary figure painters, woman, 20x20























Seated Girl, 20" x 20", acrylic/oil on canvas, $350 plus $20 shipping in US. International shipping available
Email: marie@mariefox.com (Click image to make larger)

This one was an experiment that pleases me. I love drawing and have wanted to combine a linear figure with an abstract background. The colors of the background become those of the figure, linking the two. I'm eager to do more in this vein.

3 comments:

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

this - like all of your work is beautiful - and your figurative acrylic paintings are I think masterpieces.

Keith Hornblower said...

Love your work Marie. Your figures have substance and character; they look like real people. A refreshing change from the idealised and unreal image of women so often portrayed elsewhere.

Christy Aitken said...

Hi, Marie. I’ve been following you for years. I LOVE your including drawing in your painting, so expressive!!! Keep it up. It adds a whole another dimension.

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com