O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right to be notified of my latest paintings! Note: If you see only one painting or post, click here to go to main page.


Monday, November 26, 2012

Autumn, figurative oil painting, figuration, figure painter, woman in art

Autumn, 20" x 16", oil on canvas
$495 plus $20 insurance/shipping  SOLD to a collector in Virginia
Email: marie@mariefox.com (Click image to make larger)

I love the process of drawing so here I drew over the brushed oil paint with oil pastels. It's a very messy process but exciting. When I first posted this painting the woman was sitting beside what appeared to be a large fireplace. The window makes a bit more 'sense' - whatever that might be within an imagined world.

1 comment:

gkechidna said...

I love your strong women series. Great colour and composition too.

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com