Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, January 18, 2013

Santa Monica Pier, Figurative Paintings of Women by California Contemporary Artist Marie Fox,























Ferris Wheel, 24" x 24", acrylic on canvas  SOLD
Figurative Acrylic Painting of A Woman
Email: marie@mariefox.com (Click image to make larger)

This is an imaginary view of the Ferris Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier. The circle began as an abstraction but with touches of color came to suggest this amusement park over the Pacific. I'm happy with the shapes of the woman and chair as well as the overall composition. A completed painting always surprises me in that I discover new bits that I really like.

4 comments:

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I have really enjoyed visiting your wonderful blog and admire your work very much. I am now a subscriber.

myra anderson said...

beautiful!

Mimie said...

Your ladies are much admired and your talents are way cool so let them empower as many people who find them and want them. It's not just hanging a piece of art on the wall!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

This is stunning, Marie - I love it!

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com