Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Sunday, August 23, 2009

TAG California Open Exhibition























Great news! I learned yesterday that my painting "Sounds of the Sea" won First Place and $500 in the TAG California Open Exhibition in Santa Monica, California. My friends Perry and Kathy Anderson accepted the award on my behalf at last night's reception. They reported that close to 1,000 people appeared at the gallery during the 3 hours they were there. I do wish I'd flown across the country to attend my own party! Ah...next time.

My husband's title for this scene of a woman listening to the ocean is "Girl on her Shell-Phone".
Email: marie@mariefox.com

11 comments:

Gretchen Kelly said...

It's a magical painting. Congratulations!

VickiRossArt said...

It's fabulous! CONGRATULATIONS! ps: I love your husband's working title...

Bruce Docker said...

This is amazing, heroic and iconic

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, I like the girls relaxed atitude and the light atmosphere.
You are a great painter.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! This painting has a great sense of style and design. I especially like how you juxtaposed straight lines (window, table, rug) with the curvaceousness of the models. The well thought out design emphasizes their gracefulness. A truly beautiful and sophisticated work of art!

Diana Marshall said...

wow, congratulations on winning first prize! Super painting you deserve it.

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Congratulations!

Linny D. Vine said...

Congratulations! It is a fantastic painting! (Isn't it interesting how at home or in the studio paintings get referred to by playful private titles before they go out in the world sporting their 'proper" names - your husband's title works wonderfully.)

Charlotte painting said...

Wow amazing work!

Ray said...

Hi Marie

Just browsing your gallery. Noticed this painting again. Would you be willing to consign it to us. I would love the opportunity to show this.

Ray

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Marie,
I just realized that I am not getting your updates and that's why I haven't seen all the fantastic work you've been doing.
Your award is well deserved! These figure paintings are alive with color, movement and intrigue!!

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com