O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right to be notified of my latest paintings! Note: If you see only one painting or post, click here to go to main page.


Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Invitation, figurative painting, woman, figure study, dancer, contemporary figure painting, women painting women,figurative artist




The Invitation, 24" x 36", acrylic on canvas,
$1200 plus $40 shipping in US   SOLD
Email: marie@mariefox.com (Click image to make larger)

I used the same model as for the earlier "The Mirror" painting because I love the twists of the pose. This time she's full-length and larger overall. At first, the dress was short but when I lengthened it and added a black border, making it more elegant, a story emerged. She seemed to be preparing for a special occasion. I added a red flower for her hair, to bring the red of the floor up close to her face. With this, I knew she'd need an invitation to go dancing - perhaps somewhere in Spain. I really like this painting because I didn't go too far with the details. It has a slightly unfinished look that I find pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my art! Marie

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com