Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, November 7, 2008

Lemon In A Blue Envelope


Oil on Canvas, 6" x 6"
$100 plus Shipping of $7.95 via priority mail
Email: marie@mariefox.com
I can't imagine what this lemon was thinking when it tried to hide in this too-small envelope. What appealed to me about these two objects was the smooth, spherical nature of the fruit in contrast to the creased old envelope with its purple stamp. The contrast-pull of the complementary colors of stamp and lemon caught my eye too. There's something about the paper wrapping the fruit that I find oddly appealing. Anyway, I find this still life playful...and it was fun to paint.

No comments:

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com