Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, July 24, 2009

Oil painting of woman at beach; figurative art, self-potrait

woman at beach in bikini oil painting Marie Fox





















Oil on Canvas, 24" x 20" - $500  
SOLD to a collector in California

Email: marie@mariefox.com

Twenty years ago I painted myself in this pose, wearing a pink bikini. To create a "self-portrait" for my painting challenge group, I added my right hand holding a book and invented the beach scene. Soon the painting became a story, it seemed, about someone else. She's at the beach in her red bikini. She was reading, but her book has dropped back to rest against her leg. She's probably daydreaming, as one does at the beach. And there's that guy just beyond the top edge of her book. And a sailboat racing by. And it's summer...

No comments:

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com