Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Tuesday, October 12, 2010

On The Sea Wall, sailboats, ocean, beach art, figurative painting, figure drawing, figurative art, paintings of women, woman in bathing suit, sailing


















On The Sea Wall, 18" x 24", oil on canvas
$430 plus $15 US Shipping SOLD

Email: marie@mariefox.com

I found this pose intriguing because of the twist in the body and the overall X- shape it created. Again, a woman by the ocean. Having lived on sailboats and grown up in a seacoast town, the ocean and boats are natural subject matter for me. The ocean has always given me a sense of 'beyond' so perhaps that's why I enjoy perching my women at the border of land and sea.

2 comments:

Melissa Mead said...

I have been following your paintings with GREAT interest and admiration! The many times I have wanted to write - I cannot tell you! Your bold and brilliant exploration of the female body is just too amazing. Please - keep painting and know that you are doing amazing things. I really thing there is something in your work that will help assist women in seeing themselves as beautiful no matter their size, shape and weight. That in and of itself is a tremendous task.

I love pulling up your blog and seeing a new and wonderful painting and I'm looking forward to the series of same poses!

shirley fachilla said...

I like your monumental, almost nude, women. They have a very scupltural feeling. Your colors are wonderful as well.

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com