Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Mirror, figurative oil painting, woman, female figure, beach, Marie Fox




















The Mirror,  20" x 24", oil on canvas SOLD
Email: marie@mariefox.com

This painting pleases me because it's simpler than most I do. I'm trying to reduce detail without eliminating the visual interest that detail provides. I do like the subject of a woman and her reflection - an ancient theme. The figure's profile view also reminds me of Egyptian art which I love.

No comments:

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com