Marie Fox Studio

O
riginal figurative oil & acrylic paintings of curvy, strong women by contemporary award-wining artist
MARIE FOX. Sign up at right for email notices of new paintings! Note: To see all posts, go to main page.

Website: MARIEFOX.COM


Friday, May 18, 2012

The Bracelet, contemporary figure painters, modern figurative painting, woman, beach,

The Bracelet, 20" x 20", acrylic on canvas SOLD
Email: marie@mariefox.com (Click image to make larger)

When typing in the painting's title just now, I wrote "Red Sails" - which was the name about three versions ago. I'm always amazed at the changes I make after the painting is done. On the right horizon, I replaced three small boats with a single large sailboat with red sails. Then I added the island to the left, then removed the boat. But this woman sitting at the beach does have a new bracelet.

3 comments:

Josie said...

Love this painting. You did a great job with the beautiful balancing of luxurious colors. Love the lapping waves and the turquoise & gold on the horizon. Fun towel...what a nice leopard that would make in the savannah. She twists her hair the way my daughter does. Love the highlighting on colors on her suit. Did anyone ever tell you "you're a really good painter" :)

Sheila Vaughan said...

Marie, lovely composition as always. You get such depth of colour with your acrylics. Do you use any medium with them? As to the including/removing aspect. This is what I really like about acrylics and it makes the painting a living thing, more respondant to our own perceptions as we work.

Minoo said...

Dear Marie...

thanks for answering me...one of my entertainment is to watch painting especially from you...because they give me energy and inspiring me...
Best Wishes
Minoo

Figurative painting, contemporary figure painter, women art, Marie Fox, figuration

Have a question? Please write me: marie@mariefox.com